MySLOW is a public domain utility for slowing down MS-DOS games and
applications run under Windows 95, Windows 98 and Windows ME. It has
a convenient user interface, just access the properties for the PIF or
MS-DOS Window the game uses and you can change settings, either on the
fly or for the next time you run the game. Since settings are stored
in the PIF file associated with the game, they are automatically used
whenever you play.
Advantages of using MySLOW
- Easy to access user interface.
- Automatically remembers your settings for each game or application.
- Selection of different slowdown methods for the best compatibility
and the smoothest gameplay.
- Can smoothly slow down games to 0.1% of CPU speed or less.
- Doesn't slowdown your entire system, just the games and
applications you want it to.
- Can free up CPU time for other Windows programs.
- Requires no MS-DOS conventional memory.
- It's completely free.
Disadvantages of using MySLOW
- Requires Windows 95/98/ME.
- The number of options that can selected means that the user
interface isn't as simple as it could be.
- Uses different slow down algorithms than traditional MS-DOS based
slow down utilities, which might work better for some games.
- Currently under beta test. Reliability and features are still
Current Beta Release:
Read the file README.TXT included in the distribution for instructions
on how to install and use MySLOW.